Paying in installments with Shop Pay
Shop Pay Installments is a flexible payment option that can help you invest in larger purchases by dividing your purchase amount into four equal, biweekly payments. There are no additional fees or interest charges associated with this purchase method.
Paying in installments with Shop Pay is powered and serviced by Affirm*. When using Shop Pay installments, there will be no impact to your credit score since Affirm doesn't conduct a hard credit pull or report to credit bureaus.
Affirm also doesn't charge fees, ever. That means there are no late fees or prepayment fees, so you can pay your balance off early without penalty. However, late payments and non-payments may affect your chances of getting approved for Shop Pay installments in the future.
Eligibility and limitations
To pay in installments with Shop Pay, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Reside in the United States.
- Sign up for a free Shop Pay account as a part of the checkout process or separately on the Shop Pay website.
- Add your debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account.
The following limitations currently apply to paying in installments with Shop Pay:
- You can't pay for an order in installments if the order includes currency in any form, including virtual and digital currency, like gift cards.
- To qualify, orders need to be between $50 and $1000 USD, inclusive of shipping and taxes.
- Orders including volume discounts or reseller discounts are not eligible for installments with Shop Pay.
- If you change your phone number or email within Shop Pay, then you also need to update your information with Affirm before you can pay for another purchase in installments with Shop Pay.
How to pay in installments with Shop Pay
To pay using Shop Pay Installments, select the Shop Pay option under ‘Express Checkout’ or in the options under ‘Payments’ during checkout. If you don’t have an existing Shop Pay account, you can create one as a part of the checkout process.
After you set up Shop Pay or login to your existing Shop Pay account, you will see the option to pay in installments with Shop Pay when you check out with an eligible order. If you haven’t added a debit or credit card to your Shop Pay account, then you can do so during checkout and it will be saved for future payments and purchases.
Affirm's underwriting systems determine whether your first payment is due at checkout or 2 weeks after your purchase. The next 3 remaining installments are automatically charged to the card associated with your Shop Pay account every 2 weeks.
Manage payments & refunds
You can log in to Shop Pay to view your order history and payment status for orders that are paid in installments with Shop Pay.
If a refund is processed on an order paid through Shop Pay Installments, the refunded amount will be returned to your original payment method within 3-10 business days, and your balance will be updated. If your refund is less than your total purchase balance, it might not lower your next payment. Instead, you can expect fewer payments, a smaller final payment, or both. If your refund is more than your purchase balance, the difference will be returned to your original payment method within 3-10 business days.
To get information about an existing order or to request a refund, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional questions about installments payments and financing, visit the Shop Pay Installments Help Center. For questions about the Shop Pay experience, contact the Shop Pay team at email@example.com.
* Payment options are offered by Affirm and are subject to eligibility check and may not be available in all states. California residents: Affirm Loan Services, LLC is licensed by the Department of Business Oversight. Loans are made or arranged pursuant to California Financing Law license 60DBO-111681.