COVID-19 High-Accuracy Thermal Screening Kiosk
COVID-19 High Accuracy Thermal Screening Kiosk
Temperature screening has become increasingly common as organizations attempt to ensure the safety of their employees and visitors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Despite its widespread use, screening in a way that is safe and accurate has remained a challenge. While there are a number of low-cost thermal camera tablets on the market, these solutions have proven, at best, ineffective and, at worst, unsafe. Manual screening is expensive and requires trained personnel.
Unwilling to offer any solution that could not stand up to rigorous testing, we found and partnered with Loko AI, a California-based company specializing in artificial intelligence and temperature screening.
The result is Caretaker ATD®, a fully-automated, touchless kiosk with a professional-grade thermal camera designed for fast, accurate temperature screening.
Complete, integrated system for fast and accurate thermal screening, including:
- Tamarisk® 640 Precision IR Thermal Sensor with 640x480 pixel density
- Maxbotix® MB1414 Ultrasonic Proximity Sensor
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 tablet with high-resolution touchscreen & 5MP front camera
- Pleora® iPort CL-U3 High-Resolution Frame Grabber
- Kiosk Group tablet enclosure and stand made from durable thermoplastic and powder coated steel
- Nightingale® BTR3 Thermal Blackbody Reference Source with stand
- premium vinyl floor markers
- 3 year access to Loko Secure Cloud service and notifications
- 3 year warranty service & support
- all necessary power, cabling and cooling systems
$13,699 USDContact Us for a Quote Read the FAQ
Designed to Exceed FDA Guidelines for Thermal Screening
Caretaker ATD ® is designed to work with Nightingale BTR3 Thermal Reference Source, which provides a stable temperature reference for accurate thermal scanning.
The use of a blackbody temperature reference source is specifically recommended in the FDA guidelines for thermal screening systems. Competing systems that do not incorporate the use of a blackbody are not in compliance with current FDA recommendations.
High Resolution Sensor
Caretaker ATD’s® 640 x 480 sensor returns a high-sensitivity thermographic image with over 300,000 pixels for analysis. Compare this to cheaper competitors using low-quality 32 x 32 sensors, which return less than 1% of the pixel data of the Caretaker sensor.
High resolution imagery is necessary to accurately identify facial structures and obstructions, as well as hone in on specific areas of the face.
Artificial Intelligence Built In
Caretaker ATD’s® built-in AI layer analyzes the resulting image, identifying the inner canthus of the eye. Due to its thin layer of skin, high blood flow, and protected location, the canthus provides the most accurate location for thermal imaging.
Caretaker ATD's® analysis also automatically identifies obstructions that would prevent an accurate temperature reading and requests that they be removed prior to moving forward with screening.
How it Works
1 Hands Free
Approach the kiosk and stand within 5 feet to automatically start the temperature scanning process. No physical interaction with the kiosk or touch is required.
2 Quick Response
Caretaker ATD’s AI identifies facial landmarks and checks for any obstructions, including glasses. Response time is under two seconds with less than 15 seconds required between individuals.
3 Alerts Staff
If a visitor or employee fails thermal screening, SMS & email alerts with a link to an image of the person failing screening are immediately sent to designated staff members.
Learn how The Spine Pro uses Caretaker ATD for autonomous temperature screeningDownload Case Study PDF
- Runs on Microsoft Surface Go 2 tablet with high-resolution touchscreen, Windows 10
- Power supply: Standard 120V
- Weight: 55lbs (25kg)
- Dimensions: 19.5” x 16.5” x 52.5”
- Response time of less than 2 seconds
- Uncooled VOx microbolometer thermal sensor with:
- ± 0.2°C temperature accuracy
- 640 x 480 pixel density
- 17 μm (micrometer) pixel pitch
- Separate black body temperature reference
- Ultrasonic proximity sensor detects up to 5 feet and automatically triggers screening
- High temperature alarm set to CDC-approved 100.4°F (38°C)
- Recommended distance: 8” to 60” from eye to thermal sensor
- Operating temperature: 68°F to 75°F (20°C to 23.8°C)
- Storage temperature: -4° F to 122° F (-20° C to 50° C)
- Relative humidity: 10°C to 40°C (50°F to 104°F) 20%-70% RH non‐condensing
- Non-reflective backdrop required if using in front of glass or other reflective surfaces
Made in the USA
Major components, including the thermal sensor and the kiosk enclosure and stand, are made in the USA.
Kiosk Group and Loko are based in Maryland and California respectively and offer US-based customer support & service.
Please note that Caretaker ATD®’s thermal sensor is a “controlled item” under current US export laws and cannot be shipped or sold outside the US.